For tax deductible donations, individuals can donate to the sport club account at the LSU Foundation.
- Click here for the online donation form located on the LSU Foundation website.
- Underneath the section entitled “Gift Designation,” Select: “Choose a Fund(s).”
- Select “Other fund.” You will insert the club name in the comments section (see #5 below).
- Fill out the “Donor Information” Section in its entirety.
- In the “Comments” Section enter “LSU CLUB NAME” you would like to donate to and the intent for donor’s donation, which can be specific (offset travel expenses for club competition) or a more general statement referring to the club activities.
To donate by check:
- Checks can be made out to “LSU Foundation” with “LSU CLUB NAME” written in the memo line.
- There must also be documentation of the donor’s intent—this can be an email or a written letter along with the check. Documentation of donor’s intent can be specific (i.e. this donation should be used to offset travel expenses for club competition) or a more general statement referring to the club activities.
- Send checks to: LSU University Recreation
c/o CLUB NAME Donation
Student Recreation Complex
Baton Rouge, LA, 70803
Other notes about donations…
- Donors are encouraged to donate using the online process if at all possible.
- Prior to donating, donors are encouraged to contact the Sport Programs office (225.578.2669 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure the club has a functioning foundation account and for accurate routing of donation.
- Donations can also be made to the Sport Club Program in general — instead of a club name, donors can specify donations go towards “Club Sports Development Fund.”