Tired of the flat scenery? Travel with us to Tunica Falls for a day of hiking and checking out waterfalls in the hilly area of Clark Creek Natural Area. Be sure to get your spot early for this chance to spend the day hiking the trails and soaking in the sights with new friends.
- Location: Clark Creek Natural Area, MS
- Date: February 2, 2013
- Prices: $20 (UREC member) • $25 (Non-member guest)
- Pre-trip meeting: January 29, 2013
About trip location
The Clark Creek Natural Area is set in southwestern Mississippi. It is more than 700 acres in size with approximately 50 waterfalls, some with up to 30-foot falls. Clark Creek’s steeply sloping bluffs increase the difficulty of hiking. The length of the primitive trail is approximately 2.6 miles (4.2 km) and usually takes 3–5 hours to complete.
Reserve your spot by 12:00 p.m. on January 28 at the Student Recreation Center Operations Desk.
- Included in the trip fees are travel to and from the site, all group gear, all activity gear, and medically trained staff to provide instruction for all participants.
- Participants will be placed in tent/cook groups, and will be required to purchase food to accommodate their group for trip. Information on appropriate choices will be discussed at the pre-trip meeting.
- All trips are designed to be appropriate for beginner to intermediate skill levels.
- All trips meet at and depart from the Sport and Adventure Complex.