Looking to get away for a weekend? Join us as we go camping and hiking in Kisatchie National Forest, Louisiana’s only National Forest. Registration includes all gear and equipment needed; except food, clothes, and shoes of course.
- Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA
- Dates: February 15 – 17, 2013
- Prices: $80 (Student) • $100 (Non-member)
- Pre-trip meeting: February 7, 2013
About trip location
Kisatchie National Forest has more than 604,000 acres, is spread across seven parishes in Louisiana. Hidden in the bayous, beneath the bald cypress groves and old growth pine, is a world of natural beauty, excitement, learning, recreation, resources and wildlife in their purest form. Come visit Louisiana’s only national forest.
Registration extended! Reserve your spot by 5:00 p.m. on February 7 at the Student Recreation Center Operations Desk.
- Included in the trip fees are travel to and from the site, all group gear, all activity gear, and medically trained staff to provide instruction for all participants.
- Participants will be placed in tent/cook groups, and will be required to purchase food to accommodate their group for trip. Information on appropriate choices will be discussed at the pre-trip meeting.
- All trips are designed to be appropriate for beginner to intermediate skill levels.
- All trips meet at and depart from the Sport and Adventure Complex.