Do you want to make your Spring Break one to remember? Well join us as we travel to Jekyll Island, GA where we will spend the week deep sea fishing, kayaking, bummin’ it on the beach, and exploring the island and its history.
- Location: Jekyll Island, GA
- Dates: April 1 – 6, 2013
- Prices: $375 (UREC member) • $450 (Non-member guest)
- Pre-trip meeting: March 26, 2013
About trip location
Jekyll Island is off the coast of Georgia, in Glynn County; it is one of the Golden Isles of Georgia. The historic district consists of a number of buildings from the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The island is also full of wildlife, consisting of many different mammals, reptiles, and birds living and breeding in the island’s inland marshes.
Deposit deadline of $175 extended through March 15. Register at the Student Recreation Center Operations Desk. Trip must be paid in full by March 25.
- Included in the trip fees are travel to and from the site, all group gear, all activity gear, and medically trained staff to provide instruction for all participants.
- Participants will be placed in tent/cook groups, and will be required to purchase food to accommodate their group for trip. Information on appropriate choices will be discussed at the pre-trip meeting.
- All trips are designed to be appropriate for beginner to intermediate skill levels.
- All trips meet at and depart from the Sport and Adventure Complex.