Adventure Trip News & Announcements
Over Spring Break, I went on the UREC Deep Sea Fishing Trip to Jekyll Island and made so many memories! It was non-stop fun from fishing, to biking, to kayaking, to playing some pretty intense mini golf. Even though I was sleeping in a tent every night and eating tons of peanut butter sandwiches, I felt like I was living the life.
Effective May 13, 2013 all adventure gear rentals are now being handled at the Operations Desk at the Student Recreation Center. Click above for additional information regarding the process for renting outdoor gear.
Registration can be completed at the SRC Operations or Equipment Desk. Phone-ins are welcome, but payment must be received to hold a participant’s spot on the trip. *All UREC Adventure Education trips are open to UREC members and their guests. The non-member guest must be sponsored by a UREC Member to be eligible for participation, and will be assessed the non-member guest price.
Participants must attend the pre-trip meeting held in the UREC Classrooms the week before each trip.
Summer 2013 Trips *Prices: UREC member/Non-member guest
|Trip||Location||Date||Price||Registration deadline||More info|
|Canoeing at Tickfaw||Tickfaw State Park, LA||June 22||$15 • $20||June 16||More Info|
|Saturday Morning Bike Ride||To the Main Street Market||July 13||Free||Reserve bike by July 12 if needed||More Info|
|Kayaking Atchafalaya Bay||Atchafalaya Basin, LA||July 20||$15 • $20||July 14||More Info|
|Saturday Morning Bike Ride||To the Main Street Market||July 27||Free||Reserve bike by July 26 if needed||More Info|
- Included in the trip fees are travel to and from the site, all group gear, all activity gear, and medically trained staff to provide instruction for all participants.
- Participants will be placed in tent/cook groups, and will be required to purchase food to accommodate their group for trip. Information on appropriate choices will be discussed at the pre-trip meeting.
- All trips are designed to be appropriate for beginner to intermediate skill levels.
- All trips meet at, and depart from, the Sport and Adventure Complex (exception: Saturday Morning Bike Rides meet in front of the Student Recreation Center)
- View the UREC refund policy.